Travel cosmetic bag: what to take with you in 2020
Collection rules: what’s left and what’s changed
In many countries, including Ukraine, quarantine measures have not been finally lifted, which means that the principles of collecting a suitcase must be revised. The first and most obvious change: health is the main beauty. Therefore, an antiseptic, protective masks and gloves should certainly lie between the sunblock and the nude lipstick. It is better to take several antiseptics: leave one in the room / room, and always carry the second with you. Reusable face masks are a tolerable replacement for a bunch of disposable masks (which are still not easy to get), and they are also better to take with a margin: to have time to disinfect and change every two to three hours.
Secondly, the principle “we will figure it out and buy it on the spot” is also better left for later. The best way to prevent the spread of the virus is to avoid crowding, so don’t rush out to the store to get wet wipes if you can take them with you. The ideal option is to collect all the houses and order what you need in advance: so as not to be distracted from the fees, you can arrange delivery of Loreal to Eva. Otherwise, the collection of the cosmetic bag is subject to the classic rule: maximum functionality in a minimum of products, volume and weight. How can this be achieved?
- Multifunctional products. Thus, leave-in micellar water can be used to cleanse and tone the skin. A long-lasting black pencil will work for both a smokey and a modest day hand. A creamy blush will work as a shadow and as a lipstick.
- Travel versions and mini-bottles. Of course, there is no point in lugging a bottle of shampoo on a week-long trip if you are not Rapunzel. You can purchase a travel format to throw away used packaging and free up space. For the latter, by the way, it is advised to take cosmetics that are running out, but keep in mind that full-size packages will take up more space on the way “there”. Also, the product may not end.
- Proven products that are as easy to use as possible. You probably won’t want to mess around with an alginate mask after a long walk. And imagine if the new formula also causes allergies … No, it is better for old-timers to settle in a cosmetic bag.
- “Will I definitely use this?” Ask yourself this question three times so as not to rattle a palette of 35 colors in a quiet mountain village on vacation in a sanatorium, which will remain unused.
Contents of the cosmetic bag: parsing according to plan
The easiest way to quickly assemble a useful cosmetic bag consists of the following steps:
- reconsider your beauty routine;
- collect products by groups: cleansing, moisturizing, protection;
- take personal hygiene products;
- choose decorative cosmetics, if necessary;
- essential cosmetics in the area where you are going: for example, sun protection at the seaside or super nourishing balms for a vacation in the mountains.
So what should you take with you? Let’s look at the groups:
Cleansing. For a short trip, micellar water and make-up remover wipes are enough, and for a longer period, you can take with you a foam for washing or gel.
Moisturizing and nourishing. You can’t do without at least one nourishing cream on your trip. If your skin does not tolerate moving, take a couple of soothing masks. For a long time, you can grab a bunch of cloth masks. During the flight, hydrogel patches will not interfere – they will relieve swelling. Do not forget about hand cream, and in extreme conditions – for the body. Lotions, tonics, essences – strictly according to your wishes and needs.
Protection. SPF is needed not only at sea, but also in snow-capped mountains or southern cities. Another useful companion is a nourishing lip balm: you can take a tinting and kill two birds with one stone.
Personal hygiene. Everything is classic here, so we will quickly list: shower gel and shampoo, balm and / or leave-in spray, soap, deodorant, intimate hygiene product, comb,paste, wet wipes.
Decorative cosmetics and more. The content of this section depends entirely on your makeup habits (but we still strongly advise against dragging that very palette of 35 colors!). What else to add: perfume (ideally a tester or sampler), jewelry, a set of hairpins and rubber bands.
Travel wisely and with pleasure!