The EU Council approved an open skies with Ukraine: what does it mean for tourists?
The signing of the agreement is planned for the fall of 2021, the press service of the EU Council reported. In addition, the EU wants to sign the same agreements with Qatar, Armenia and Tunisia.
“The agreement will allow our citizens to get cheaper tickets and expand the geography of travel. Its signing will be another step towards Ukraine’s entry into a single European space “– said the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky.
The EU Council approved the use of the agreement immediately after its signing, although there is still a long stage of ratification ahead.
The document was initialed 8 years ago, in November 2013, during the Ukraine-EU summit in Vilnius. However, the signing of the contract was constantly postponed.
According to avianews.
We will also remind that the government of Canada has decided to open borders for foreign tourists who were vaccinated. The new rules will take effect from July 5th.
Going on a trip? Remember to get insurance that covers your COVID-19 treatment. You can do this on our website.
What else to read?
- Israeli authorities postponed opening of borders
- Ukraine introduces mandatory testing for travelers from 4 countries
- Where to go to the sea in Ukraine? 10 places for every taste
- How much does a vacation in Mexico cost?
- TOP 5 resorts in Montenegro: the pros and cons of each of them