Getting ready for vacation in 2021: travel checklist
1. Make a checklist of the most important things to remember
Nothing will happen to you without an extra pair of jeans or shorts, but if you forget important documents, you are lost. Check out the list of the most important things to do on your trip:
- International passport. If you have an old foreign sample without biometrics lying around, double-check, just in case, whether you took it!
- Driver’s license. Check in advance if they are valid in the country you are going to.
- Insurance. Just issue it and travel in peace!
- Accommodation booking confirmation. Save it on your mobile device, or rather print it out to present it if asked at the control.
- Confirmation of check-in for the flight. In order not to overpay, check in for the flight 24-48 hours before departure and save the confirmation of the check on your smartphone.
- Certificate of negative PCR test or vaccination certificate. In 2021, these documents are required to enter almost all countries, so clarify this issue in advance and get ready.
2. Don’t forget to take the mask
We live in a reality when forgetting a mask is almost like forgetting a wallet. It can cause unnecessary trouble, and as luck would have it, there are no places where you can buy it. We propose to deal with this in advance and buy a reliable device that will solve this issue for a long time – the LG PuriCare individual air purifier.
Here are at least a few reasons why this mask is much better than the usual one:
- This is a technological mask with two built-in fans, a breathing sensor and a HEPA H13 filter that filters out harmful particles and delivers clean air.
- The efficiency in killing bacteria reaches up to 99%.
- The mask is very comfortable and easy to breathe. A real salvation for those who are hot and hard to breathe wearing an ordinary mask.
- The air purifier is made of medical grade silicone, the same material used in oxygen respirators in hospitals.
- The device comes with a UVnano case that kills up to 99.99% of bacteria in 30 minutes using UVnano technology.
- The battery of the device provides up to 8 hours of operation, and charges in just 2 hours.
3. Check the conditions of entry into the country
In 2021, most countries in the world retain some entry restrictions. There are, of course, Albania and Montenegro, which do not require any additional documents from tourists. However, to enter most of the popular countries of the world, you need to present a certificate with a negative PCR test result, a certificate stating that a person has already been ill or a certificate confirming vaccination.
In order not to get into an awkward situation, check in advance what requirements are in force in the country you are going to and prepare the necessary documents. Find out more about the conditions of entry to the countries of the world here.
Some countries, such as Greece and Georgia, require filling out special entry forms – this is also important to clarify. You also need to find out what quarantine restrictions apply in the country. For example, in Georgia there is still a curfew from 11:00 pm to 4:00 am, and cafes and restaurants are open to takeaways or in a terrace format.
4. Think over your wardrobe
Check the weather forecast in advance to decide what things to take. However, even if, according to the heat forecast, this does not negate the need to take at least a few warm clothes – it can be cool on the plane, and if you have a flight / arrival at night, then even more so.
Next, figure out how to combine things with each other, so that there is variety, and you don’t have to carry too much with you, make a list of the things you need and start collecting.
5. Collect a first aid kit
Abroad, many of the drugs we are used to are more expensive, and some are even sold only by prescription, so it is better to prepare a list of drugs that will come in handy in advance.
Here is a rough set of things to take on vacation for safety reasons:
- Antipyretic (“Solpadein”, “Paracetamol”, “Nimesulide”).
- Pain reliever (Ibuprofen, Nurofen, Citramon, Tylenol).
- Sorbent in case of food poisoning (activated charcoal or similar preparations).
- Remedy for diarrhea (Imodium, Loperamide).
- Means for sunburn (“Panthenol”, “Rescuer”, “Bepanten”)
- Antihistamines, if you have a tendency to allergies (Zyrtec, Allertek, Cetirizin).
- Pills for motion sickness (“Dramina”, “Betaserc”, “Avia-more”).
- Enzyme preparations that will help with overeating (“Festal”, “Pancreatin”, “Mezim”).
- Bandage, cotton swabs, cotton wool, or cotton pads.
- Hydrogen peroxide or “Chlorhexidine” for treating wounds.
- A set of plasters of different shapes and sizes.
If it so happened that you need to buy some kind of medicine abroad, then keep in mind that they can be called differently. In order not to miscalculate, write down the international non-proprietary name (it is indicated in the instructions in Latin) and show it at the pharmacy.
6. Cultural program
Going to a new country, do not be too lazy to devote at least one evening to studying articles on the country / city you plan to travel to. Make a list of attractions, cafes and places you want to visit. This will help save valuable travel time.
Keep in mind that you will definitely need a mask for traveling by public transport, visiting museums and other enclosed spaces. Here, LG PuriCare will come in handy, with which you will not be threatened by the stuffiness of cramped rooms – only freshness and clean air.
7. Think over the route from the airport to the city
If you are an independent traveler (s), then take care in advance about how you will get to the city. Check what transport you can take and how much a taxi will cost. And be sure to download an offline map of the desired area in Google Maps or maps.me and get directions so that you don’t get confused on arrival later.
8. Decide if you need to rent a car
If you plan to rent a car on vacation, make sure in advance that the selected country has a driver’s license of the same type that you have. You can also book a car in advance – this often helps to significantly save on rental, and the choice will definitely be greater than when booking on the spot. We talked in detail about the intricacies of renting a car abroad in this article.