In Taiwan, tourist fined $ 3,500 for violation of quarantine
The man was noticed by the hotel workers on CCTV cameras, after which they immediately reported this to the health department. According to strict local rules, tourists in isolation are strictly prohibited from leaving their rooms, even for a short period.
As a result, the man was fined for 3500 USD (100,000 Taiwanese dollars).
During the pandemic, the island recorded 716 cases coronavirus and 7 deaths in a population of 23 million people, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
Taiwan has adopted special methods to combat the spread of COVID-19. A hard lockdown was not introduced in the country – the authorities carried out mass testing and tracking of cases. All those arriving on the island are under increased control, if they have a positive test result, they are sent for isolation.
Let us also remind that the Cabinet of Ministers announced the dates of the lockdown in Ukraine.
You can find out where you can fly now and what travel restrictions are in effect in our new section “Restrictions”. There you can also subscribe to notifications about changes in the regime of entry to the country of interest or in all directions.
What else to read?
- Travel to Istanbul during a pandemic: 3-day itinerary
- They started selling Ukrainian dishes in Tokyo. What do the Japanese think about it?
- Muggle guide: 10 Harry Potter movie locations
- Best hotels in 2020 named
- SkyUp will fly to Europe for the New Year holidays
- Non-standard winter vacation options: where to go in Ukraine